The University of Washington is hiring an attorney for an investigator position. The position is for an internal investigator at the University. A link to the posting is below.
The American Civil Liberties Union of Washington is inviting applications for a Smart Justice Policy Manager or Counsel.
Summary of Duties
This employment opportunity will remain open until filled. The Thurston County Public Defense Department reserves the right to close this recruitment at any time.
Thurston County Public Defense Mission:
"To Defend and Protect Our Clients' Constitutional Rights, One Person at a Time"
Questions about this position?
For more information about this position, please contact Mia Pagnotta, (360) 786-5868.
This position is:
- NOT represented by a Union
- NOT eligible for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Eligible for benefits
Items required for consideration:
- Letter of Interest
- Supplemental Questionnaire (Question 1 and 2)
- Applicant Disclosure Form (Pursuant to RCW Section 43.43.830) (Questions 4-8)
Remote Work Option:Yes
Electronic Arts is the leading interactive entertainment company, powered by innovative technology. We create incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need creative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
Compensation and Benefits Attorney
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We are looking for a Compensation and Benefits Attorney to provide primary support on a wide range of compensation and employee benefits matters. You will report to EA's Vice President, Legal Affairs. We are flexible as to which EA office you work from on a hybrid basis and we will consider fully remote for the right candidate.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games and more!
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
The Spokane County Bar Association (SCBA) and Spokane County Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program(SCBVLP) seek an inspirational and community-minded leader to serve as the Executive Director for both organizations. As a professional membership organization, the SCBA seeks to enhance the integrity and competence of the legal community and to pursue greater access to justice for all county residents. Its companion organization, the SCBVLP, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that recruits volunteer attorneys to provide legal services to low-income residents of the Inland Northwest. The Executive Director will lead and manage both organizations.
We are looking for a proven leader who is just as comfortable networking with judges and elected officials as s/he is greeting potential clients at low-income legal clinics. The wide range of responsibilities of this position means that the successful candidate can have an immediate and direct impact on the ideal position for someone with a legal background who wants to drive measurable and meaningful progress toward more equitable access to justice for all people in need of legal advice and representation.
Membership Support and Development
- Develop strategies for membership recruitment, engagement, and retention; continually and proactively seek information to understand membership expectations and needs using a varietyof methods.
- Set specific and measurable goals for membership; prepare, evaluate, and adjust strategy and budgets, as needed, to meet them.
- Manage and promote value-added member benefits, programs, and services; monitor trends and best practices in the industry to propose new ideas to the Board.
- Lead the planning and execution of various membership events, including the Holiday Party, the Professionalism Dinner, monthly luncheons and socials, and other events.
- Produce valuable member communications (including Calendar Call newsletter); ensure that membership polls and Judicial Evaluations are completed professionally and transparently.
- Respond effectively and thoroughly to membership concerns; engage the Board timely regarding complaints and resolutions.
Community, Partner, and Constituent Relations
- Implement public relations, social media content, and outreach strategies that promote the important work of SCBA and SCBVLP, including brand development, collateral materials, advertising, press releases, and participating in interviews.
- Supervise and support the SCBVLP Coordinator with fundraising and marketing.
- Proactively build trust-based relationships with the legal community at large, community leaders, legislators and policymakers, partner agencies, volunteers, and other key stakeholders.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of issues and trends facing the legal industry and those individuals requiring legal assistance, particularly low-income and other marginalized communities; research and ask questions to explore issues, needs, and goals of community partners, volunteers, service providers, and clients.
- Build partnerships with individuals from many different backgrounds, demonstrating sensitivity to others’ needs, showing empathy, promoting growth, and offering support.
- Consistently work to combat systemic racism and the effects of harmful institutional practices on historically marginalized communities; champion diversity and inclusion within the SCBA and SCBVLP and support the work of the Systemic Racism Task Force.
- Provide operational leadership and management of the SCBA and SCBVLP; evaluate performance, compare results, and track relevant data to improve programs and initiatives.
- Oversee implementation of SCBA and SCBVLP bylaws, policies, resolutions, and strategic plans.
- Establish and manage compliant and effective human resources in order to attract, develop, and retain talented individuals; nurture a work environment where employees can realize their full potential. This includes hiring, coaching, evaluating, discipline/terminations, training, professional development, and setting compensation within budgetary parameters.
- Develop, monitor, and enhance operational workflows and administrative policies, processes, and systems to achieve desired outcomes and goals. Use best practices related to:
o Records retention (physical and electronic)
o Maximizing the use of available technology to support operational efficiencies
o Keeping required licenses, registrations, and reports current and complete
o Managing and protecting the organizations’ intellectual property
o Payroll management and oversight
- Create and execute processes related to the financial integrity of the SCBA and SCBVLP, including maintaining all contracts, bank accounts, insurance policies, grants, capital purchases, and leases; ensure accurate tax returns are timely filed.
Board of Trustee Effectiveness
- Attend and participate in monthly and special meetings of the Board of Trustees; communicate timely, accurate information to the Board in order to promote efficient meetings and informed decisions. This includes, among other things:
o Annual budget approval and monthly fiscal reports
o Strategic and operational outcomes, including membership turnover/retention, staff turnover/retention, barriers to achieving strategic and/or operational goals
- Assist the Board in developing and refreshing a long-term strategic plan; ensure that the strategic plan has specific, measurable goals that are regularly reported to the Board.
- Collaborate with Board to support Officer and Trustee recruitment, conduct elections, and engage in ongoing orientation and development.
Certified Diversity Executive or Certified Diversity Professional designation a plus.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to:
including use of a computer keyboard;
While performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job, the employee is exposed to an office environment whose conditions and noise levels are atypical. Currently, the office location is a small, semi-private partitioned space. The din of office noise is fairly constant. The ability to multi-task in this very fast-paced environment is an integral part of this position.
Comprehensive benefits package, including medical insurance, parking reimbursement, and retirement contribution. Salary range: $72,000 - $95,000 DOE.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to MWardrop@spokanebar.org. Application review begins immediately.
AAG – Social & Health Services Division, Behavioral Health Section, Olympia (DL: 11/1/22) New!
AAG – Tacoma Division’s Labor & Industries Section (DL: 11/3/22) New!
AAG – Spokane Division’s Torts Section (DL: 11/6/22) New!
Section Chief – Regional Services Division, Everett (DL: 11/14/22) New!
AAG – Utilities & Transportation Division, Olympia (Open continuous)
AAG – Social & Health Services Division, Seattle (Open continuous)
AAG – Criminal Justice Division, Sexually Violent Predator Unit, Seattle (Open continuous)
AAG – Tacoma Division’s Torts Section (Open continuous)
AAG – Regional Services Division, Yakima (Open continuous)
AAG – Tacoma Division’s Social & Health Services Section (Open continuous)
Summit Law Group is looking to add two litigation partners to its nationally ranked litigation group. The ideal candidates have 3 or more years of experience with complex commercial litigation, with substantial experience brief writing and managing discovery and at least some courtroom experience. No portable book of business is required.
Summit prides itself on thinking outside the box, both in developing creative litigation strategies for our sophisticated customers and with our approach to the law firm model. We do things deliberately, and we do not believe in busy work either when working up a case or managing our firm.
Our litigation case teams are lean and collaborative. We practice regularly in state and federal courts as well as in arbitration forums, with the practice group dependably taking a number of cases to trial every year. Our practice focuses on sophisticated commercial litigation, including disputes involving securities, business torts, complex contracts, intellectual property, real estate, free speech, healthcare, and environmental issues. Each lawyer is heavily involved in all of their cases, from the big-picture strategic decisions down to the details of discovery.
Member of the Washington State Bar Association (or the bar association of another state and able to obtain Washington State Bar Association membership within a reasonable period of time).
Washington resident or plan to relocate to Washington, preferably the Seattle area.
Significant brief writing experience before state and federal trial and appellate courts.
Experience managing discovery strategy, including developing an overall plan, drafting discovery requests, responses, and objections.
Experience on trial teams and arguing motions to a court.
Comfortable being a primary point of contact for clients.
Excellent academic credentials.
Federal or state clerkship experience preferred.
Self-motivated and assertive with excellent time management skills.
Joining Summit means becoming part of an egalitarian team of collaborative and dedicated attorneys who are focused on customer service and respect the diverse talents and perspectives of their team members. Our mission is to think creatively, to proactively formulate and pursue the most effective, efficient solutions to our clients’ legal needs with small, dedicated teams. Everyone at Summit Law Group is a legal professional who shares in the firm’s success, and our attorneys are equity owners of our business. We have eliminated the inefficiencies inherent in traditional law firms—such as hidden charges, rigid cost structures, and leveraged hierarchy—to focus exclusively on our clients. Our innovative model has been proven by a long, successful track record that covers a broad variety of complex legal issues. As a litigator, you will benefit from the environment of a litigation boutique augmented by the valuable insights and skills of Summit’s other complementary practice groups.
Summit is consistently recognized as a top law firm, both at the regional and national level, and has been consistently ranked by US News & World Report–Best Lawyers and Chambers USA. Summit was also named Washington Firm of the Year at the 2021 & 2022 Benchmark Litigation US Awards and has also been recognized as one of Washington’s Best Workplaces for 2021 & 2022 by the Puget Sound Business Journal. We are especially proud that in its 2022 Diversity Snapshot, Law360 recognized Summit as being among the leading law firms across the nation for diversity. Additionally, we received Mansfield Rule Plus Certification earlier this year for our diversity in leadership efforts.
If you are interested in joining the Summit team, please submit your resume and cover letter to via our application portal by clicking here.
About the Attorney position
We are seeking a business attorney with a minimum of 2+ years of experience counseling business organizations on transactional legal issues such as formation, contract review, IP, or employment. The position will primarily involve providing these legal services to small businesses, and occasionally providing such services to nonprofits. Our ideal candidate is community-minded, committed to racial equity and self-reflection, and shares experiences similar to the communities we serve. Candidates can apply by emailing their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with 2-3 paragraphs in the body of the email telling us why they are interested in joining our team. More information is available here. The priority deadline is now October 7, 2022.
About Communities Rise
Our mission is to support movements to build power in communities impacted by systemic oppression. We provide capacity building and legal services for community organizations and low-income small business owners. Before we merged and became Communities Rise in 2019, we were two organizations Wayfind and the Nonprofit Assistance Center (NAC), with long histories of supporting community organizations. Wayfind provided legal services while NAC focused on capacity building. More information can be found on our website
Here are the most important links to share
1. Attorney position
2. Communities Rise
Focal PLLC, a nine-attorney firm based in Seattle -- with a focus on technology, media, and internet law -- is seeking an experienced litigation attorney to support our dispute and litigation practice.
We are looking for someone with at least 2-4 years of experience.
While we are fully remote, we are looking for someone based in Washington or Oregon (who is admitted to either bar) and who can travel on the rare occasion when a court appearance or other in-person meeting may be required.
We handle a range of dispute and litigation matters, including commercial disputes, data scraping/aggregation matters, brand protection matters, platform liability, copyright and trademark disputes (including in front of the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board), corporate divorces, cannabis disputes, and arbitrations.
Our lawyers typically bill between 800-1200 hours per year (as opposed to the typical 1700+ that is required at most firms).
• Experience with trademark and copyright disputes, including issuing and responding to takedowns online, is a plus, but not required.
• Strong writing and editing skills are key.
• Experience in both federal and state courts is preferred but not required.
• We work in a distributed environment so you need to be comfortable working in this setting and maintaining excellent communications with team members (e.g., using Google docs, Slack, and receiving projects via email, conference calls, etc.).
• Proficiency in using online tools and basic technology competence (e.g., converting documents from Google docs to Word, redacting and Bates numbering PDFs, formatting pleadings, etc.) is important. We have support staff, but our lawyers should be able to take care of the basics in this regard, if necessary. In a pinch, you should be able to format and file your own documents.
• We place a high premium on diversity. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Introverts are encouraged to apply. • We’re looking for someone to learn and to build their skills with us. We often work on novel and interesting legal issues and are looking for someone who thrives on tackling those in a collaborative manner. We are proud that Focal fosters a collaborative work environment with legal professionals who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Full-Time Litigation Attorney FT Litigation Attorney
Salary range: Compensation will depend on hours, as Focal pays a fixed salary along with hourly-based payments (based on hours worked for the month). The salary range for this position is $80,000 to $120,000 (assuming 1000 hours billed).
Benefits: We provide our employees with health insurance, pay your bar dues, an opportunity to participate in our individual retirement plan (with matching up to a certain amount), and flexible PTO.
If interested, email (1) a resume (2) cover letter; and (3) writing sample to email@example.com.
Focal is a minority-owned business. We are an equal-opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as defined by federal, state or local law. We have a great team and consider ourselves a lifestyle firm in that we try not to work ourselves to death while at the same time handling sophisticated and interesting work.
Northwest Justice Project (NJP) has a few job openings we’d like share with the community. Please share widely within your networks.
If you would like to learn more about any of these positions or other openings at NJP, you may find all our opportunities here.