Multiple Locations: Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA
Remote Work Option:Yes
Electronic Arts is the leading interactive entertainment company, powered by innovative technology. We create incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need creative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
Compensation and Benefits Attorney
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We are looking for a Compensation and Benefits Attorney to provide primary support on a wide range of compensation and employee benefits matters. You will report to EA's Vice President, Legal Affairs. We are flexible as to which EA office you work from on a hybrid basis and we will consider fully remote for the right candidate.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
- You will advise on executive and broad-based compensation plans and programs and assist with the preparation of Compensation Committee materials and related corporate governance matters.
- You will partner closely with internal stakeholders on short- and long-term incentive plans, periodic SEC executive compensation disclosures, annual Compensation Discussion & Analysis, Say-on-Pay, stockholder proposals, and other proxy disclosures.
- You will provide legal support for equity compensation plans and programs and the stock administration team, including oversight of international stock plan compliance matters.
- You will partner with the People Experience team on the legal requirements for employee benefit plans and programs (including 401(k), health and welfare, deferred compensation, leave of absence, severance, and other benefits).
- You will provide legal support for the global benefits team, including review of plan documents, summary plan descriptions, and employee communications, and assist with routine and ad hoc reporting.
- You will advise on compensation and benefits matters for M&A transactions.
- Practicing attorney with 5+ years' experience in Compensation and Benefits law in a law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- Knowledge of and experience with ERISA, HIPAA, federal tax and securities laws, including IRC, '33 and '34 Acts, Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd-Frank is required, and general familiarity with applicable foreign laws related to employee stock plans is preferable.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/written communication and presentation skills.
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with internal legal colleagues, outside legal advisors, and business partners.
- Hard working, high integrity, excellent judgment, well organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure; flexible and willing to work extended hours when needed.
- J.D. and State Bar membership required.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games and more!
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.