We are currently accepting applications. Links to additional information and application information are below
- International students (those needing student visas): Preferred deadline April 15 (later applications still considered, admission may be deferred if too late for visa processing)
- US-based students: Applications considered on a rolling basis through July 15
As the world emerges from the pandemic and faces threats to the environment and the stability of economies and democracies worldwide, graduates of the UW Law Graduate (LLM and MJ) Program in Sustainable International Development are the problem solvers who will help navigate these challenges. Our students focus on legal and policy strategies and tools to balance sustainable economic development with the well-being of communities, the rights of individuals, and the health of the planet. Key areas of focus include:
- Rule of law, human rights, and governance
- Global environmental protection
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability, ESG
- Law as a tool of poverty alleviation
- Indigenous people's rights (concentration)
- Lawyers with a first degree in law earned outside of the US may also take courses required to sit for a US Bar Exam
The program offers dynamic experiential and externship opportunities in partnership with local and international organizations. Our graduates are prepared to work with international development organizations, governments, non-governmental organizations, law firms, humanitarian and human rights organizations, environmental NGOs, and active military service focused on the rule of law. The program is also equipping a new generation of lawyers to work with social entrepreneurs and corporations to develop sustainable solutions to pressing social challenges.
Some scholarship support may be available directly through the SID program or through the Barer Institute for Law and Global Human Services.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LL.M in Sustainable International Development - More info
M.J in Sustainable International Development - More info