Please join the NCWBA for its 2022 Annual Women's Bar Leadership Summit: Reconnecting for Excellence, which will be held in Chicago, IL from August 4-5, 2022. This year's programming is designed to motivate women in leadership positions and connect them to the tools necessary for success. It will feature a keynote address by Helen Wan, DEI Consultant, and author of The Partner Track, which is currently being produced by Netflix! In addition, the 2022 Summit will feature a GOOD Guys program, programming on recruiting members, engaging membership and maximizing their potential, leadership tips, networking opportunities, and ways for member organizations to use the support that NCWBA provides.
If you would like more information on this year's Summit, please email our Executive Director, Christina Simpson (email@example.com). To register, please click here or the link below.
Please see below for a summary of the Summit events and information on making hotel reservations:
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
August 4, 2022
- GOOD Guys Program at 3:00pm CST; This year's theme is GOOD Guys in Chicago and will feature distinguished panelists Sheryl Axelrod, The Axelrod Firm; Steven Velkei, Velkei Law; Craig Thedwall, CDR, JAGC, USN, Commanding Officer, Region Legal Service Office Midwest; and Michael Sachs, partner at Major Lindsey & Africa. Please note that the GOOD Guys event will be held at a the Chicago Bar Association and separate registration is required. You can register for the GOOD Guys event by clicking here.
August 5, 2022:
- Check-In to Connect to your Colleagues from 8:30 am 9:00 am CST; Check-in and Networking
- Welcome: Connecting with NCWBA from 9:00am to 9:25am CST; Welcome, Annual Meeting and Elections
- Food from the Bar: Connecting to the Community from 9:25am to 9:30am CST; Learn how to connect to the community by bringing a Food from the Bar program to your city. Food from the Bar is a friendly competition within legal communities to support local food banks.
- Connecting to Leadership Potential from 9:30am to 10:30am CST; This panel will provide an engaging discussion regarding connecting your organization's leadership to your organization's mission. Join an Executive Coach and tested women's bar association leaders as they discuss the leadership skills needed to bring your organization's mission and goals to fruition.
- Connecting with Tech from 10:40am to 11:10am CST; As your organization grows, so does your need for more robust and sophisticated technological systems. This discussion will help you connect with your organization's technological needs to better serve your members. Our speaker will discuss the latest in member databases, solutions for collecting funds, leveraging your organization's social media, and other technological best practices.
- Connecting for Mentorship from 11:10am to 12:00pm CST; Interactive session for attendees to participate in two Mentoring Circles led by experts on topics of your choice:
- Topic 1: Reconnecting to Lead (incoming presidents and leadership for your year)
- Topic 2: Connecting to Match Organizational Mentors and Mentees
- Topic 3: Connecting to Effective Administration
- Topic 4: Reconnecting to Membership Development
- Keynote Address, Awards Luncheon & Board Member Induction from 12:00pm to 1:45pm CST; Helen Wan - Attorney, DEI Consultant, and Author of The Partner Track which is currently being produced by Netflix! Ms. Wan realized the importance and need for a realistic account of a woman of color's perspective of "trying to figure it all out." She will share her knowledge and help us all Connect the Dots for Success!
- GOOD Guys: Reconnecting the X to the Y from 1:45pm to 1:50pm CST; GOOD Guys is a program designed to break the impasse in women's advancement by engaging people who have been missing from the conversation for too long - the GUYS! It is a model program designed for replication by member organizations and other groups.
- Reconnecting to Engage from 1:50pm to 2:10pm CST; Has your organization been looking for new programming? Well, this is the session for you! Join fellow women's bar associations leaders as they discuss best practices and lessons learned to connect to your mission and engage members in your community. These speakers will discuss their award-wining member programming and community projects and how they were executed.
- Reconnecting with your Power from 2:20pm to 3:05pm CST; Our organizations are full of exceptional, vibrant talent. Hear this panel discuss how they were able to connect the talent in their organizations to create powerful impacts in their communities. This is a must for organizations who want to expand their footprint, re-evaluate their legacy, and improve their impact on their communities.
- Closing and Induction of 2022-2023 NCWBA President from 3:05pm to 3:30pm CST.