The Seattle office of Stoel Rives LLP, a full service business law firm, is seeking an Associate with 3-4 years of experience for its nationally-recognized Environment, Land Use and Natural Resources practice. The Associate will have the opportunity to work on sophisticated legal matters, including environmental and natural resource permitting, litigation, counseling, and regulatory advice. Our Associates gain exceptional first-hand experience through their work with senior lawyers and clients in a variety of complex and cutting-edge issues involving climate change and energy development and natural resource management.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
· JD from an accredited university with excellent academic credentials
· 1-3 years of litigation experience in a law firm
· Clerkship with a state appellate court, federal appellate court, or federal district court is preferred
· Experience with environmental and natural resource issues
· A desire to provide innovative client service and to develop a meaningful career
· Excellent written and oral communication, acute judgment, responsiveness, prioritization, and practical application of legal concepts are required to succeed.
With almost 400 attorneys, Stoel Rives is a national leader in corporate, energy, environmental, intellectual property, labor & employment, land use & construction, litigation, natural resources, real estate, renewable energy and technology law. We achieved 34 prestigious national tier rankings in the 2017 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® ''Best Law Firms'' survey. Stoel Rives ranks #8 in the United States according to Law360’s list of the largest environmental law practices. The firm’s environmental and natural resources practice represents major businesses in the fisheries, forest products, mining and oil & gas industries. If you are interested in working with a group of collaborative, hard-working, and dedicated lawyers and staff, this is the place for you.
To apply, please visit the Careers page on our website at: https://www.stoel.com/about/careers/attorneys.
Apply online directly here: http://webapp.stoel.com/asp/viselfapply/viRecruitSelfApply/ReDefault.aspx?FilterREID=2&FilterJobCategoryID=9&FilterJobID=117